For thousands of years honey has been known for its special properties. Certain honeys from specific plants have a greater range of attributes than others, and the honey that comes from some varieties of the New Zealand Manuka bush (Leptospermum scoparium) is one of these.
• A great, economical introduction product to the UMF® range
• UMF® (Unique Manuka Factor) refers to the honey’s unique antibacterial properties
• The special UMF® antibacterial property is not found in all Manuka honey
• Smooth with a nice acidity
• Slightly herbaceous taste with a hint of caramel and aromatic smell
• To enhance general well being
• Provide natural minerals and enzymes for good health
• Generally used for everyday health maintenance
• Can be used internally and externally
Suggest external uses: to aid against bacterial infection on wounds, cuts, burns, abscesses and skin ulcers. It should be applied liberally 2 to 3 times per day to affected areas.
Internal use: 1-2 teaspoons should be taken ½ an hr before meals to aid digestion. It can also be used in tea or coffee.
General consumption: Spread generously onto bread or toast, enjoy as an eating experience by itself, or mix with warm water and enjoy as a soothing drink. Delicious when added to a marinade and / or used as a cooking agent.
Contraindications: Not to be given to infants under one year old.